Potato Soup

Potato Soup is a great complement to any cloudy, winter day. What I enjoy most about this recipe is it's very flexible. Sometimes I'll use ham or bacon, green onions or white onions, cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup. I love mixing and matching -- enjoy!

Ingredients
6-7 large potatoes
5-6 slices country ham (or bacon)
1 medium onion
1 can cream of __ soup (I used cream of chicken this time!)
1 pint whole milk
seasonings

Directions
-- Peel and cut potatoes in 1/4" sections. Boil potatoes.
-- While boiling potatoes, saute onions in butter then add ham.
-- Combine potatoes and onion mixture in a large soup pot. Add pint of milk and soup. Bring to a slow boil (careful not to scorch milk). Add seasonings to taste; I used oregano in the last pot.

You can add potato flakes to thicken the soup or more milk to thin it out. Add either to suit your preference. Skim milk may also be used.

Menu Ideas
I serve Jiffy corn muffins with my potato soup! The past few times I've made corn muffins I've baked them in the mini muffin pans so cute!

Would I eat/make this again? Yes. I love making potato soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment