Dijon Pork Chops

I tried a new recipe from one of the church cookbooks Granny gave me the other night. The chosen recipe was Dijon Pork Chops! This turned out really well and I can't wait to try it again.

Dijon Pork Chops

4 pork loin chops, 1/2-in thick
1 lg onion, sliced
1 (8-oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained** >> I used fresh mushrooms!!
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp Italian dressing
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp thyme
dash of cumin** >> I left out the cumin

In a small bowl, combine mustard, Italian dressing, pepper, thyme, and cumin. Chill. Drizzle olive oil in skillet and brown pork chops on both sides with onion and mushrooms. Spoon mustard mixture evenly over each pork chop. Cover and simmer on low to medium heat for about 5-10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings

My thoughts: Unfortunately my skillet wasn't big enough to brown pork chops and cook the onions and mushrooms! So I used two skillets... one to cook the onions and mushrooms then one to brown the pork chops. Once they were both finished I combined the pork chops, onions, and mushrooms into one skillet and then poured the mustard mixture over everything to simmer!

Delicious! I served with rice and good summer veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment