Steak, Potatoes, and a Green

Fortunately Patrick is not a "meat and potatoes" type guy so I can experiment with fun variations on steak, potatoes, and a green. For this meal I served rib eyes, sweet potatoes, and broccoli.


For the steak: I began marinating it for about an hour but then, after reading directions on the Internet, realized  I should've just used a seasoning rub of salt and pepper. I heated up a cast iron skillet and then seared the steak on each side for 3-4 minutes. Some directions included placing the steak in the broiler to cook a little more which I did but not for long because my steaks were not very thick.

For the broccoli: This roasted broccoli recipe is an Ina Garten inspiration. Be careful of the recipe because it served six. It's very easy to cut down to two! Here's the broccoli before it went into the oven.

For the sweet potato: Very simple! Poke holes in the sweet potato with a fork all the way around the vegetable. Then put into the microwave. Use the potato setting and then check for desired tenderness. Probably takes 8-10 minutes.

Add some marshmallow fluff to that sweet potato and there's one happy Patrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment