Chocolate Fondue

This was my first experience making chocolate fondue. I'm a little ashamed to say that I received a fondue pot for my last birthday and it had been in the box every since then. In my defense fondue was very foreign to me and, to be honest, I was a little scared!

But I made it! And it was so fantastic! And now I can't wait to do it again!

As I was browsing the Internet for chocolate fondue recipes I found they all had the same base -- baking chocolate, heavy whipping cream, and flavored liqueur -- in different ratios. So here's what I did!

Chocolate Fondue
Ingredients
4 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped if possible
1/2 cup heavy cream (at the grocery store I could either buy heavy cream or whipping cream...)
1/4 cup cream liqueur

Preparation
Bring cream to a slight boil. As soon as it begins to boil take off heat and add the chocolate. The cream will melt the chocolate so don't keep it over the heat and burn it! Then add the liqueur and mix! Add to your fondue pot.

Dipping Ideas
We used angel food cake and fresh strawberries. Lots of fresh fruit and other cakes will be marvelous. Other suggestions on the Internet included pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment