Thanksgiving Pot Luck

Woo hoo pot luck time! As you've noticed the pot lucks have waned a bit. This happened because friends moved away. But no reason not to have a pot luck when all the friends visit! Two weeks ago UNC celebrated Homecoming! And guess what... all my friends came home. (My friends are the UNC ones; Patrick's friends are the Duke ones.)

Even I was impressed with how well this pot luck turned out since almost half of the pot luck attendees were out of town folks without access to a kitchen. But everyone stepped it up and we had the most fantastic Thanksgiving Pot Luck ever. I made a quick toast before the meal to thank everyone for coming and how thankful I was that we, as "old" friends, are continuing to get together.


Here's the breakdown: Caesar salad, green gelatin side, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, stuffing, turkey breast, deviled eggs, warm yeast rolls, and pumpkin pie. And Richard.

Wow! What a spread. As I mentioned in the blog yesterday I needed to set up a small folding table because we had 13 people! Somehow we all fit.



This was a great kickoff for the holiday season. It's always a good time to get together with good friends.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post and pics. So glad you kids are still all getting together.

    ReplyDelete